Ahtna's strategy in supporting our clients has 5 main goals:
- Assure that safety and quality are a part of everything we do from planning through design and into the field activities. Each activity has its own specific concerns and Ahtna considers and includes HSE and Quality Reviews as integral to the process;
- Provide "best value" services and products to meet our client's requirements and needs;
- Seek opportunities to use innovative technology to resolve complex problems and save costs;
- Manage risk to an acceptable level - including construction, environmental, materials purchasing, financial management, and hazardous work conditions - in inclement weather and remote locations;
- Coordinate with the client to develop collaborative strategies to bring lasting value to projects as a true partner.
- An uncompromising commitment to the safety of our staff and job sites;
- A diverse service provider for turnkey design and construction, full service environmental, and staff augmentation;
- A true Small Disadvantaged Business with in-house professional talent typically found in larger corporations;
- A DCAA audited accounting system adequate for accumulating, reporting, billing, and estimating costs on government contracts, including cost reimbursable contracts; and
- SBA 8(a) Small Business Certified
- Alaska Native Corporation
- Alaska DOT DBE certified
A Joint Venture
Ahtna has joined forces with TMG Construction Corporation to form AKHI Construction, LLC. The acronym represents our SBA 8(a) status as native Alaskan and native Hawaiian enterprises. TMG Construction is based in Purcellville, Virginia.
The AKHI joint venture was formed to perform heavy civil infrastructure work under a multi-million-dollar set-aside contract with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers-Baltimore District. The joint venture is housed in a new field office with two fully staffed project teams.
Initial work includes roads, bridges, water tower construction, critical utilities installation, as well as other activities that leverage the skills, knowledge and resources that AKHI employs.
AKHI Vision Statement
To be a high performing, ethical and enviable organization providing construction and facility support services in partnership with our clients and involved stakeholders.
- Building Renovations
- Civil Construction
- Construction Administration
- Construction Management
- Program/Project Management
- Systems Integration
- Quality Control
4341 B Street, Suite 404
Anchorage, AK 99503
Cage Code: 5AR11